Looking for a bit of DIY drawer inspiration? Look no further than this project and post courtesy of the talented DIYer and blogger, Ana White! Ana gives pretty awesome How-To tips on creating your own drawers from scratch yourself if you are so inclined in this timely post and project that again highlights our formaldehyde-free PureBond® hardwood plywood! Click here to check out the post!
Wonderful, DIY, made from scratch, built-ins by DIYers and husband and wife bloggers at Young House Love has been completed and it turned out completely fabulous! We are so pleased that they chose to use our eco-friendly, formaldehyde-free, PureBond hardwood plywood in the construction, which is part of their baby’s nursery! We especially like how they have shown how to plan ahead to get the most out of a single sheet of PureBond for their money….LOVE it! for more details on this project, click here!
Not only can making your own furniture be fun but it can save you money, especially if you do multiple projects to erode the cost of the tools! And with that in mind, I thought start the New Year off with a little blog post for some tips for those DIYers out there who are thinking about creating some of their own DIY furniture (and of course we want you to use our formaldehyde-free PureBond hardwood plywood) in 2014!
1. Start with a simple project. Small and manageable.
4. Measure twice, cut once. Kind of self-explanatory here…I have seen a few blog posts come to me where there has been some angst about wrong measurements that = more work by re-doing.
5. Don’t go over board on tools. I think the basics are: electric drill, miter saw, circular saw, and sanding machine.
6. Accept minor mistakes. Remember it’s supposed to be FUN!
7. Invite a friend. Make it fun, maybe even have a wine and build party
8. Don’t rush the final product. Again, this is supposed to be fun, don’t rush!
Now that you have the basic’s I look forward to seeing what wonderful DIY projects you come up with in 2014!
We here at PureBond central are terribly enamored with PLY90 an ultra-cool and easy to use item that could make many of your PureBond projects, both DIY and fabricator, all that easier…no drilling or screwing involved!!!! What is the PLY90 you ask? Well in short it is a:
- The PLY90 is a patent pending connector that is a faster, better looking alternative to drilling and screwing projects together.
- Save time and energy by not having to align every board and precisely drill and screw all the pieces together
- You can focus on the design of your creation using a standard construction method
- Easily disassemble creations for storage or moving, recycle old projects into new one
For more information on this fab pice of hardware and to take a look at all the plywood projects (yes, they are all made with our formaldehyde-free PureBond hardwood plywood), click here Plyproducts website!
I recently stumbled upon the simple DIY Fall project that not only makes a fabulous piece of seasonal (or year-round) artwork but is also a project ideally suited to use a piece of our eco-friendly PureBond hardwood plywood on! Anyhow, check out the nearly perfect (or at least we think its perfect) and very “do-able” if you are looking for a project to fill your Thanksgiving Day holiday! Click here for details!