Not only can making your own furniture be fun but it can save you money, especially if you do multiple projects to erode the cost of the tools! And with that in mind, I thought start the New Year off with a little blog post for some tips for those DIYers out there who are thinking about creating some of their own DIY furniture (and of course we want you to use our formaldehyde-free PureBond hardwood plywood) in 2014!
1. Start with a simple project. Small and manageable.
4. Measure twice, cut once. Kind of self-explanatory here…I have seen a few blog posts come to me where there has been some angst about wrong measurements that = more work by re-doing.
5. Don’t go over board on tools. I think the basics are: electric drill, miter saw, circular saw, and sanding machine.
6. Accept minor mistakes. Remember it’s supposed to be FUN!
7. Invite a friend. Make it fun, maybe even have a wine and build party
8. Don’t rush the final product. Again, this is supposed to be fun, don’t rush!
Now that you have the basic’s I look forward to seeing what wonderful DIY projects you come up with in 2014!